To be competitive today, financial advisors should be using social media to engage connections and capture qualified prospects.
Digital Foundation: This strategy is underpinned by your Digital Foundation, that is:
- Client and 1st degree connections on social networks, the three most important (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, FaceBook)
- Contact database
- Contacts in a CRM system (e.g., SalesForce, RedTail)
- LinkedIn Connections
- Alerts and monitoring
Strategy: Filter and Target 1:1 to Engage and Capture Qualified Prospects
1. Deepen your relationships and networking effectiveness:
Follow your contacts’ online activities across social networks, online news/PR, syndicated blog feeds (RSS feeds) and the like.
2. Filter and Focus:
Use tools to help filter and focus on your targets for deeper 1:1 engagement. There are several good tools that are easy to use, free too.
- Cloze is a free service that brings together your lifetime’s worth of email, business connections, social networks, and address books into a single useful view.
- Cloze scores every contact, by analyzing and rating your interactions with your contacts to determine relationship strength and assign a score
- Cloze Score then monitors your most important, highest scoring relationships to ensure you never miss an important message and are alerted to relevant news about these connections.
- Newsle finds articles about you, your friends and colleagues, and anyone else you care about and notifies you minutes or hours after they’re published.
- You sign up for Newsle and import your Facebook Friends or LinkedIn contacts and choose people you want to follow.
- JobChangeNotifier is a LinkedIn add-on feature. You simply connect your LinkedIn account, choose which connections you want to track, and you will automatically be notified when any of them gets a new job, leaves their current one, or gets promoted.
3. Enhance 1:1 engagement with campaign value proposition content
4. Tailor your sales presentation with campaign messages
5. Survey your clients to find your “NPS®” (Net Promoter® Score) promoters and to improve
- Your clients are your most important asset and the primary source for referrals.
- A Voice of the Consumer Survey identifies your most likely referral sources and creates insights to improve your practice.
- Equip your promoters with the collateral, campaign brochure tools, etc. — including tailor content from www.riastandsforyou.com and the campaign brochure.
- The Net Promoter® methodology offers an effective framework for the survey.
Are you ready for the “new marketing”? We can get you up and running with smart digital strategies. Here are two options:
This is Part III of our Wealth Advisor Marketing series “Digital is the New Marketing.” Links to the first two in the series provided below
- Part I Establish an Effective Website Hub
- Part II Schwab Advisors: Leverage “RiA Stands for You” in Branding