Digital PR takes advantage of the viral web to expand visibility and syndication across traditional media, new media and the end audience.
The traditional PR approach is focused on direct media relationships to drive exposure opportunities and influence brand/message awareness. Typically the approach targets known relationships within traditional media. An effective traditional media program remains a critical engagement strategy – particularly in highly regulated industries where compliance and regulatory constraints limit the full adoption of social media and internet outreach. However, the traditional approach is no longer adequate. With the advent of digital, we see a fundamental shift in media and news consumption. We are moving from information push to information pull. Information consumers can now use search engines and RSS readers to filter, manage and control the content they see. To succeed, today’s PR leaders must engage both traditional media influencers and the new influencers like bloggers, forums and communities across social networks.
An effective PR strategy must incorporate Digital PR. Digital PR takes advantage of the viral nature of the web to expand visibility and message syndication across traditional media, new media and the end customer audience. Below is a quick checklist of what you might consider in your PR strategy and plans. The list is based on how we at Revenue Architects approach building a Digital PR capability with clients:
Digital PR Strategy
- Clarify goals and metrics for digital PR
- Align target audience, key words, channels and influencers
- Set up, selecting and supporting listening services to gain insight into activity and sentiment across the web
- Use PR and marketing to speaking directly to your customers and buyers with targeted messages
- Architect and select digital technologies – blogs, RSS, rich media, web 2.0, listening tools enhance the viral impact of news and information distribution
- Evaluate and recommending newswire services that deliver effectively digitally
- Facilitate the operating model and governance across functions
Digital PR Delivery
- Optimize press releases and distribution strategies for organic visibility, inbound links and visibility
- Support campaigns for new influencer outreach in the blog, community, wikisphere and broader mediasphere
- Produce creative content including innovative video – Documentary Branding, Explainer Videos, Impact Creative
- Manage listening programs and campaign analytical services
- Manage key word implementation, landing pages, and key word optimization
- Use more native social media style and content to engage new audience and increase transparency
- Improve tactics around press release key words and links to enhance SEO
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!