https://www.revenuearchitects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/RA_logo-300x137.png 0 0 John Stone https://www.revenuearchitects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/RA_logo-300x137.png John Stone2011-04-15 02:44:002013-09-03 19:34:24Social-infused Digital Marketing for Financial Advisers
Among wealth managers/ financial advisers, there remains skepticism about using social media and a digital marketing with a stronger online presence. As I prepare for an updated “Day-in-the-life of an adviser” talk next week with Schwab RIAs (clients of Schwab Advisor Services), I created a summary slide to serve as an abstract for the talk. The slide sums up the key messages for me:
- While digital marketing will not and should not replace personal 1:1 relationship strategies, it can help you grow your practice and deepen existing relationships – particularly among your increasingly connected client base.
- A good online presence can help you shift your business mix from traditional “outbound” activity to “inbound” – lowering cost of client acquisition.
- But, as content proliferates, clients will increasingly use “relevance filters” – using search, influencers and their human “social networks” for trusted answers. It is hard to “game the system”
- And, for advisors, regulation and changing technology add risk and confusion.
- So, what should you do?
- Today more than ever, firms need an effective digital marketing strategy and plan that aligns with their target client strategy.
The follow-on question is what makes up that strategy?
We focus on the three elements of the Revenue Architecture – keeping it simple, breaking it down:
1 Revenue Strategy
- Set your ambition
- Segment your audience & define long-tail positions
- Build value propositions
- Measure capability and gaps
- Envision creative strategies
2 Revenue Systems
- Design a solid website for brand experience
- Configure and deploy foundation technology / services for digital marketing
- Establish digital/social outposts
3 Revenue Programs
- Design creative multi-touch campaigns
- Develop a month-to-month/ week to week calendar
- Create multi-media content
- Publish and engage
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!