Design Thinking for Valued Offerings
A Design Thinking Process brings a multidisciplinary approach to accelerate innovation and build / enhance products and service for competitive advantage.
1. Develop the innovation strategy.
Develop the innovation platform.
- Align innovation efforts to business goals and future ambition
- Ensure internal culture and systems are geared to support rather than inhibit innovation
- Establish the collaborative network
- Articulate the framework for innovation
- Set the challenge to direct innovative thinking and effort.
Listen, capture intelligence and analyze the voice of the customer.
- Review business intelligence, competition and market trends
- Listen, capture and analyze the voice of the customer
- Engage customer communities
- Explore emerging technology, social trends, digital innovations
- Capture lessons learned to refine thinking.
2. Envision an innovation portfolio.
Discover promising initiatives.
- Direct ideation activity to the most appropriate areas of the business
- Leverage appropriate tools and techniques to explore propositions and find new ideas
- Facilitate communication and engagement across the organization
- Provide visibility across the organization
- Adopt a portfolio management mindset recognizing that some innovative ideas will fail.
- Connect business units to validate and review ideas
- Maximize the full capabilities of the organization by facilitating collaborative idea development
- Review ideas across the innovation portfolio
- Prioritize ideas in terms of customer value and ROI
- Optimize the use of resources.
3. Accelerate market engagement.
Optimize product development.
- Apply a common framework for assessing candidate ideas allows comparisons to be made across the portfolio
- Use portfolio management tools to allow management to prioritize the innovation pipeline and assess against changing business goals.
Prepare for market launch.
- Integrate project performance measurements
- Prepare for market launch in parallel to development
- Connect disparate areas of the business to drive to market
- Ensure appropriate and consistent communications
- Identify metrics to track
Monitor success and capture learnings.
- Track the success of products in the market
- Integrate feedback to drive further ideation
- Identify opportunities to further refine products or services
- Capture customer feedback.
- Reward innovative teams (not only the successful ones)
Design Thinking Workshops
We partner with INVIVIA, to engage a research foundation that draws from area academic institutions and research labs including Harvard Graduate School of Design and MIT Media Lab. We facilitate workshops to explore emerging technology, social trends, digital innovation and their impact on your potential for growth and innovation. Design thinking concepts, structures and methods address different scenarios, including;
- New product / service development
- Segment and Buyer Engagement Strategy
- Innovation organization and team mobilization
- Long-range strategic planning
- Existing initiative reviews