A critical success factor for marketing and sales success is a competitive product or service offering. In dynamic markets, offerings need continuous innovation. Design Thinking is a process approach that brings a multidisciplinary teams together to build/ enhance products and service offerings for competitive advantage.
Organize for product and service innovation.
- Align innovation efforts to business goals and future ambition
- Ensure internal culture and systems are geared to support rather than inhibit innovation
- Articulate the framework for innovation
- Set the challenge to direct innovative thinking and effort
Analyze competition and understand the voice of the customer.
- Review business intelligence, competition and market trends
- Listen, capture and analyze the voice of the customer
- Engage customer communities
- Explore emerging technology, social trends, digital innovations
- Capture lessons learned to refine thinking.
Discover promising innovations.
- Direct ideation activity to the most appropriate areas
- Facilitate collaborative idea development
- Facilitate communication and engagement across the organization
Assess market attractiveness and our readiness.
- Apply a common framework for assessing candidate ideas allows comparisons
- Assess market attractiveness, customer value and ROI for innovation
- Understand internal readiness and resources.
Develop Innovations and prepare for market launch.
- Make product/ service enhancements
- Prepare for market launch in parallel to development
- Identify metrics to track
Monitor success and capture learnings.
- Track the success of products in the market
- Capture customer feedback.
- Identify opportunities to further refine products or services
- Integrate feedback to drive further ideation