Set yourself apart with an authentic and differentiated brand identity
We recently published the 2020 Edition of the Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™. This resource is a comprehensive guide to help independent financial advisors build an ‘independent difference,’ that is, a strategy-led, systematic growth program with 9 proven strategies. The goal is to help advisors:
- Increase Volume: Generate More Visits & Inquiries
- Increase Client Value: Get Better Qualified Inquiries
- Increase Velocity: Increase Conversion Rates
- Increase AUM and Revenue: Optimize Engagement for AUM growth and Revenue Impact.
[Strategy 4 of 9] Brand Presence: Craft a Distinctive Brand Identity and Digital Presence
Brand matters, but many advisors look and sound the same. You want your brand identity to tell a story and build trust in the hearts and minds of your prospective clients. Set yourself apart with an authentic and differentiated brand identity, collateral, and digital presence.
Steps You Can Take:
Define your brand identity
A. Your branding can take your business to another level simply by speaking to your clients’ interests, values, and Pain Points through design, imagery, and tone. Even something like the right choice of colors can influence a prospective client’s judgment.
B. Assess where you are today. Reveal your business and brand dynamics by interviewing colleagues and clients. Audit existing communications: what is said, on what channels, and with what resources and collateral.
C. Define your firm’s essence, purpose, and authenticity and how you differ from competitive firms. Create your brand persona including your brand voice, positioning, and actions.
Launch a Compelling Brand Presence
D. Codify a unique brand strategy including logo design, name, personality, and visual communications.
E. Symbols can be used as a component of the brand platform, to provide a visual shorthand that makes them valuable communication devices.
F. Build persuasive assets and collateral with relevant content and messaging and establish a strong mobile responsive website hub along with social media and marketplace presence.
Firm Overview Video
- A 1 to 3-minute interview- driven video can showcase who you are, with key messages, differentiators.
- Combine spontaneous engaging moments with authentic interviews that tell your story and grab attention and connect with your prospects.
- Post prominently on your website and other key outposts. Make it shareable
You can explore the first three growth strategies:
…or explore all 9 strategies for growth by downloading the 2020 Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™ below.