We had fun this year with our holiday greeting and we offered a top 10 list of resolutions. Why not share it with the blog reading audience.
We hope you can be:
- Visible… Get to the top of search results page with your content and SEO strategy.
- Present… Extend your brand beyond your website with social media outposts.
- Approachable… Build relationships by being authentic in your online dialog.
- Focused… Identify your strongest niche markets and tailor your value proposition.
- Nurturing… Help your prospects remember you and understand your value.
- Synchronized… Develop a revenue attack plan that aligns marketing and sales teams.
- Automated… Use marketing and sales technology to free up time for new ideas.
- Relevant… Provide the content that your customers value.
- Tenacious… Follow-up on your leads and manage your account relationships deeply.
- Engaging… Make your story more entertaining with video, mobile and multi-media.
Some might say- “OK, but I already have these items on my wish list… how do I get them all done?” To that I would ask whether they have a plan in place.
- Have you clarified your strategy?
- Is everyone on board – including both marketing and sales?
- Have you prioritized and considered the dependencies (people, skills, process, technology)?
- Can you place initiatives into a timeline and a release plan (must, could, should)?
- Do you have the right team and skills to execute?
- Do you know the budget required?
- Is the ROI clear?
If you can’t answer these, it is worth a little time to get organized – it will save you in the long run. Most every client we work with is on a continuous path to maturity around each of these areas and the bar keeps moving. Just when you think you have your content marketing plan in place with relevant articles and blog posts, you realize digital video is more important to reach audience and communicate message.