Build a technology platform to support your go-to-market strategy.
We recently published an enhanced edition of the 2020 Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™. This resource is a comprehensive guide to help independent financial advisors build an ‘independent difference,’ that is, a strategy-led, systematic growth program with 9 proven strategies. The goal is to help advisors:
- Increase Volume: Generate More Visits & Inquiries
- Increase Client Value: Get Better Qualified Inquiries
- Increase Velocity: Increase Conversion Rates
- Increase AUM and Revenue: Optimize Engagement for AUM growth and Revenue Impact.
[Strategy 5 of 9] REVENUE TECHNOLOGY – Integrate a Multi-Channel Technology Platform
Build a platform to support your go-to-market strategy. Objectively select and integrate your revenue technology stack (‘tech stack”) and use your website as a marketing and sales hub to engage and onboard clients.
Steps You Can Take
Deploy Your Core Revenue Technology Stack
A. Marketing Automation: Automate marketing, social media, and sales engagement processes to share content, generate leads, and improve efficiency and ROI. e.g., SharpSpring.
B. Salesforce Automation / CRM: Manage client data and interactions as well as investment management resources. Integrate with Marketing Automation to close the loop between marketing and sales. E.g., Salesforce, Junxure, SharpSpring, RedTail, Envestnet Tamarac.
C. Customer Data Platform: Centralized management of all client data, structured and unstructured, from all channels. Pertinent for advisors, unstructured data includes email and social media.
D. Business Intelligence: Reporting and attribution to track progress against goals, campaign performance, and to inform campaign strategy.
Additional Technologies and Services
E. SEO and Advertising e.g., Google Analytics, SEMrush, LinkedIn Sponsored Updates, Facebook & Google Ads.
F. Public Relations: e.g., Cision / PR Newswire, Business Wire.
G. Influencer Management/Marketplaces: e.g., FeeOnlyNetwork, NAPFA, COIs, various communities
Use technology systems that will enable you to efficiently:
- Increase website visitors and build brand awareness
- Capture and engage leads with offers and downloads
- Identify qualified leads for immediate focus
- Nurture prospects with tailored content until they are ready to meet.
You can explore the first four growth strategies:
- MARKETS & BUYERS: Define Ideal Clients And Market Segments
- VALUED OFFERINGS: Craft Market-ready Service Offerings And Segment Messaging.
- GO-TO-MARKET: Define A Go-to-market Model Tailored To Your Firm.
- BRAND PRESENCE: Craft A Distinctive Brand Identity And Digital Presence.
…or explore all 9 strategies for growth by downloading the 2020 Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™ below.