Target account-based management programs (also known as account-based marketing (ABM)) are programs that integrate marketing and sales execution to build awareness and engage named accounts. Unlike Inbound Marketing which casts a wide net to capture leads based on content and search optimization, with ABM we “fish with a spear” by customizing engagement with specific accounts and the account decision making units (DMUs) using customized, high-touch programs. We tailor the Revenue Architecture Methodology to build and execute account-based management programs.
1. Select accounts, identify whitespace and isolate specific account personas, decision making units (DMUs) and buyers. Identifying and isolating account buyers with data-driven analysis, identifying whitespace and conducting competitive market analysis.
2. Position offerings for the account and craft account, DMU and buyer-specific value messaging that is engagement-focused rather than brand or domain-centric. Continuously innovating offerings for competitive differentiation, articulating value account-based propositions and life-cycle buyer messaging
3. Envision account and DMU engagement tactics and account-based marketing and sales strategies based on account and buyer dynamics. Defining account sales plays, media and channels for optimal engagement.
4. Establish a brand presence with the account and engage visual identity, collateral and digital presence to enable account engagement. Establish a visual brand, collateral and channels for account DMU and buyer engagement.
5. Enable account teams with marketing and sales technologies and tools that enable customer data insights and effective account prospection, opportunity management and sales. Marketing Automation, Digital Engagement, ABM Technology, Sales Intelligence, CRM, Digital “Smart Rooms”, Customer Data Platform and Business Intelligence dashboards.
6. Establish the account team organization and design the end-to-end process and metrics that align the marketing and sales team. Aligning the account-based operating model with a full-funnel marketing and sales processes, organization, skills and resources.
7. Build and launch multi-channel and multi-media account-based plays. Building and optimizing marketing playbooks to maximize awareness, engagement and conversion.
8. Engage good account-based selling and portfolio management for prospect engagement and opportunity orchestration. The right account team skills and methodologies with the right level of activity to drive sales volumes.
9. Deliver effectively and manage account relationships for maximum retention, up-sell and cross-sell. Delivering and servicing the account and delighting people to optimize customer lifetime value.