I will write a more complete debrief from my experience as a speaker on Social Media for Advisors and engaging with attendees and colleagues at Schwab’s Impact 2009 conference. It was a great event – very well run – and also well attended by Schwab’s registered investment adivsor community. While there, I was able to have a catch up with Kristen Luke. Kristen attended my talk and also provided me some insights from her current projects. Below is a summary of her lessons from the conference and here is a link to the blog post.
- Lesson #1: The more channels a client uses to interact with his or her advisor, the higher his or her satisfaction with that advisor.
- Lesson #2: 100% of High Net Worth individuals ask their CPA for a referral to a financial advisor.
- Lesson #3: Become better at dating your prospects.
- Lesson #4: Web 2.0 helps with organic search engine optimization.
- Lesson #5: There are tools available to make it easier for social media to comply with SEC and FINRA rules.
Kristen Luke is a Revenue Architects colleague and the Principal of Wealth Management Marketing, a firm dedicated to providing marketing strategies and support for financial advisors. Kristen works with independent advisors to develop effective marketing plans and provides the back office support required to implement the strategies.
My slides are posted on slideshare.