Ineffective buyer engagement is a drag on revenue performance.
There is a lot of hype about tactics like Inbound and ABM, but few ‘revenue marketers’ are using a true buyer-first approach. A true buyer engagement approach will more clearly identify the role of marketing and sales tactics and shape 1:1 messaging and experience.
We see issues every day as we work with clients, including:
- Confusing the “tools” with the “techniques” of effective buyer engagement
- A focus on tactics (inbound, ABM, etc.) rather the buyer dynamics
- Getting persona development all wrong
- Messaging that largely misses the mark
- Content that is domain-centric rather than engagement-focused
- Metrics that do not ‘close the loop’ across marketing and sales.